geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dev <...@ix.netcom.com>
Subject Re: Anyone working on EJB 2.1 Timer support
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2004 21:54:07 GMT
Glad to contribute where its most required. I am interested.
Thanks,
Dev
-----Original Message-----
From: David Jencks <david@coredevelopers.net>
Sent: Jul 16, 2004 2:21 PM
To: dev@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Anyone working on EJB 2.1 Timer support

Something that would be extremely useful for (I think) all developers
and would expose you to large amounts of how geronimo works would be a
well designed integration test framework.  What I'm thinking of would
generate a Configuration from an xml plan, start a geronimo server, and
load the configuration, and check that all gbeans expected are present
and started.  Then clients of this framework could run additional tests.

I wrote a junit Setup subclass that starts a geronimo server +
configurations that might be related to some of this functionality, I
will check if I can make it available if you are interested.

This may not seem terribly sexy but would get you familiar with a lot
of geronimo internals and could simplify many of the current junit
tests and I think would be very useful for many users while developing
with geronimo.

This is the main irritant I have noticed recently:  I will keep my eyes
open for other missing pieces.

thanks
david jencks