geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dev <...@ix.netcom.com>
Subject Re: Anyone working on EJB 2.1 Timer support
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2004 01:04:52 GMT
Hi Brendan,

Would have loved to use your work and ideas to finish this feature(and I hope you are fully
recovered by now). Since you already have made some progress it would have been a good place
to start.David Jencks has indicated that the EJB 2.1 Timer support will be done in a day or
two. I guess if his hardrive crashes or a virus eats up all the work, we can renew the work
you have done. Since, this seems unlikely, I am soliciting other areas in Geronimo that need
help, perhaps we can work on some other code?

-Dev
-----Original Message-----
From: "Brendan W.McAdams" <bmcadams@sluggy.com>
Sent: Jul 15, 2004 1:56 PM
To: dev@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Anyone working on EJB 2.1 Timer support

I've been working on 2.1 timer support at the OpenEJB level [since the
EJB stuff is all at that level] on and off over the last ~3 months.
I've unfortunately been in and out of the hospital over the last 2
months so my work hasn't progressed as I'd like it to.

If you're interested, we could certainly put our heads together and I
can give you my notes, etc. and we can see if two heads maybe aren't
better than one.

Due to various complications, etc. alot of my stuff is written
ideas/notes/sketches of interfaces right now which need to be fleshed
out.

-Brendan