geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <da...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: Anyone working on EJB 2.1 Timer support
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2004 21:21:11 GMT
Something that would be extremely useful for (I think) all developers
and would expose you to large amounts of how geronimo works would be a
well designed integration test framework.  What I'm thinking of would
generate a Configuration from an xml plan, start a geronimo server, and
load the configuration, and check that all gbeans expected are present
and started.  Then clients of this framework could run additional tests.

I wrote a junit Setup subclass that starts a geronimo server +
configurations that might be related to some of this functionality, I
will check if I can make it available if you are interested.

This may not seem terribly sexy but would get you familiar with a lot
of geronimo internals and could simplify many of the current junit
tests and I think would be very useful for many users while developing
with geronimo.

This is the main irritant I have noticed recently:  I will keep my eyes
open for other missing pieces.

thanks
david jencks