geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthias Wessendorf" <maili...@matthias-wessendorf.de>
Subject FW: Commons-Email: (was Javamail license on geronimo-dev)
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2004 22:10:43 GMT
Dain,

i forwarded mail to commons-dev,
since commons/sandbox/email uses JavaMail
from Sun too.

-matthias

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Germuska [mailto:Joe@Germuska.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 9:15 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: Commons-Email: (was Javamail license on geronimo-dev)

At 8:52 PM +0200 7/14/04, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
>Does anyone know more on it?
>
>since Email uses java-mail from sun.

If you read that whole section, you'll see that the indemnification
only applies if you accept the "limited license to reproduce and
distribute the Software in binary code form only."  As long as we
don't put the JARs on our servers, we're not doing that.

Joe

2. License to Distribute Software. Subject to the terms and conditions
of this Agreement, including, but not limited to Section 3 (Java (TM)
Technology Restrictions) of these Supplemental Terms, Sun grants you a
non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license to reproduce and
distribute the Software in binary code form only, provided that (i) you
distribute the Software complete and unmodified and only bundled as part
of, and for the sole purpose of  running, your Java applets or
applications ("Programs"),
(ii) the Programs add significant and primary functionality to the
Software,
(iii) you do not distribute additional software intended to replace any
component(s) of the Software, (iv) you do not remove or alter any
proprietary legends or notices contained in the Software, (v) you only
distribute the Software subject to a license agreement that protects
Sun's interests consistent with the terms contained in this Agreement,
and (vi) you agree to defend and indemnify Sun and its licensors from
and against any damages, costs, liabilities, settlement amounts and/or
expenses (including attorneys' fees) incurred in connection with any
claim, lawsuit or action by any third party that arises or results from
the use or distribution of any and all Programs and/or Software.

--
Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com