geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Cabrera <>
Subject RE: Using Maven to build the Geronimo site?
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 21:43:51 GMT
I'm guessing that you're using Maven RC3.  There's a problem w/ Maven
RC3 and Geronimo M1.  You can fix this by hand.  In the maven.xml file
in the "root" directory, remove

        <attainGoal name="maven-statcvs-plugin:deregister"/>

-----Original Message-----
From: Will Pugh []
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 4:27 PM
Subject: Using Maven to build the Geronimo site?

I'm trying to learn how to set-up a project that uses Maven to generate
the Site for it.  In my attempt to find an example, I grabbed the source
for Geronimo.  I was able to build just fine, but when i try to do a
	maven site:generate

I get the following error:

File...... C:\incubator-geronimo-1.0-M1\maven.xml
Element... maven:reactor
Line...... 184
Column.... 27
Unable to obtain goal [site] -- C:\Documents and
s\maven-xdoc-plugin-1.7.1\plugin.jelly:686:48: <attainGoal> No goal

So I have two questsion:

1)  Should I be able to do this with the Geronimo source base?
2)  Is there a simpler example for Maven to be able to do this?

I'm super new to Maven, so forgive me if I'm missing something obvious.
I just downloaded both of these yesterday, so the versions I'm on should
be the most recent.

        Visit our Internet site at

information and to register, visit

the views of Reuters Ltd.