geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Cabrera <Alan.Cabr...@reuters.com>
Subject RE: Where can I learn about GBeans
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2004 14:09:37 GMT
Jeremy,

I think that you've brought up a point that is worth re-iterating:

	GBeans != JMX

If you start looking at JMX, you've gone too far.

Regards,
Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy Boynes [mailto:jeremy@coredevelopers.net]
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 9:53 AM
To: dev@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Where can I learn about GBeans

Srinath Perera wrote:

> Hi All;
>
> I want to learn about GBeans used in geronimo .. from wiki I found out
that
> it is extension of MBeans ..but where can I find more info ..
> if the place is code where should I look at the code

This is definitely a FAQ :)

We currently implement GBeans using JMX but they are designed to be
independent of it to allow implementation under other frameworks. They
are also designed to isolate you from some of the ugliness of using raw
MBeans.

A good place for examples is the system module which contains a bunch of

relatively simple GBeans.

I would suggest starting there, and then post a list of questions to the

list or to the wiki - we need to get this documented and I think that
may be the catalyst that makes it happen.

--
Jeremy

the views of Reuters Ltd.