geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <da...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Checkstyle template -- feedback wanted
Date Sun, 13 Jun 2004 05:59:37 GMT
(2nd try sending this, if the first really got through I apologize for
the duplication)

After actually looking at the Checkstyle report for the connector
module, I noticed that it was complaining about several things the
Geronimo team and I in particular seem to regard as good coding
practices.  Therefore I set up a customized geronimo_checks.xml in etc
and pointed to it in global.properties.

My changes consist of:

--allowing lines up to 120 characters.

--allowing "hiding variables" in constructor arguments and setters.

--disabling the "design for extension" check.

The reference for what can be checked is here:
http://checkstyle.sourceforge.net/config.html#treewalkerchecks

I'd appreciate any comments/complaints/suggestions.

Another check we might want to consider the impact of is
FinalLocalVariable
http://checkstyle.sourceforge.net/config_coding.html#FinalLocalVariable

This appeared to be on in the default template, although I don't see
the configuration in my copy.

Thanks,
David Jencks