geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From jastrac...@mac.com
Subject Re: Integrating Spring into Geronimo
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 22:07:59 GMT

On 29 Jun 2004, at 22:58, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>>> Going forward we should be able to further increase the functionality
>>> of the SpringGBean to closer integrate the two projects so that the
>>> Spring POJOs can take better, more efficient & easier use of the J2EE
>>> services in Geronimo (transactions, security, remoting, pooling,
>>> clustering etc).
>
> That would really be worth while because then these components need not
> roll their own redundant utilities like thread pools etcetera.  If
> these
> and other services that are already part of Geronimo's scaffolding
> could
> be accessible to the spring components then that would be most
> wonderful.

Agreed.

> Just as a feeler how far off is all this from being mature and
> available?

We just need an integration test to check its working & that the
lifecycle methods hook up - and to wire in the GBeanMBean method and
we're done. Then the deployer may wish to auto-recognise spring.xml
inside META-INF/ or whatever - which would be cool.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/