geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: problem accessing a connectionFactory from a sessionbean
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2004 21:07:01 GMT
The debug console is totally broken, but I'm going to fix it now.  I
just committed a fix for logging so the debug messages go to the
var/log/geronimo.log in your build.  This should help you debug this
problem because GBeans write debug messages when state changes and they
also write out a message describing why they can not start.

-dain

On Jun 25, 2004, at 11:03 AM, Gordon Sivewright wrote:

> [...]
>         at
> org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.SimpleNode.render(SimpleNode.ja
> va:269)
>         at
> org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Parse.render(Parse.java:219)
>         at
> org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTDirective.render(ASTDirectiv
> e.java:152)
>         at
> org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.SimpleNode.render(SimpleNode.ja
> va:269)
>         at org.apache.velocity.Template.merge(Template.java:294)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.jmxdebug.web.velocity.BasicVelocityActionServlet.re
> nderTemplate(BasicVelocityActionServle
> t.java:182)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.jmxdebug.web.velocity.DebugServlet.defaultAction(De
> bugServlet.java:79)
>         at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor57.invoke(Unknown Source)
>         at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccesso
> rImpl.java:25)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.jmxdebug.web.velocity.BasicVelocityActionServlet.se
> rvice(BasicVelocityActionServlet.java:
> 80)
>         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:688)
>         at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:360)
>         at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebApplication
> Handler.java:471)
>         at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:
> 512)
>         at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1442)
>         at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle(WebApplicationCo
> ntext.java:490)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.jetty.JettyWebApplicationContext.handle(JettyWebApp
> licationContext.java:196)
>         at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1394)
>         at org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.service(HttpServer.java:879)
>         at
> org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:821)
>         at
> org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:988)
>         at
> org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:838)
>         at
> org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:
> 212)
>         at
> org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:315)
>         at
> org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:510)

>>> container=ActiveMQ,type=JMSServer
>>> container=Jetty,port=8080,type=WebConnector
>>> container=Jetty,type=WebContainer
>>> J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=com/spirit/ra/
>>> test,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=StatelessSessionBean,name=Messenger
>>> B
>>> ean
>>> J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=EJBModule,name=com/
>>> spirit/ra/test
>>> J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=ResourceAdapterModu
>>> l
>>> e,name=com/spirit/wave/ra
>>> J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=WebModule,name=org/
>>> apache/geronimo/DebugConsole
>>> J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=geronimo,ResourceAdapterModule=com/
>>> spirit/wave/ra,j2eeType=ResourceAdapter,name=SpiritWave RA
>>> J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=ConnectionManager,name=wave1
>>> J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=JCAManagedConnectionFactory,name=wave1
>>> J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=JVM
>>> J2EEServer=geronimo,JCAResource=SpiritWave
>>> RA,j2eeType=JCAConnectionFactory,name=wave1
>>> j2eeType=J2EEDomain,name=geronimo.server
>>> j2eeType=J2EEServer,name=geronimo
>>> name=localhost,role=JMXService
>>> role=RMIRegistry
>>> type=BootstrapContext
>>> type=ConnectionTracker
>>> type=HOWLTransactionLog
>>> type=TransactionManager
>>> type=WorkManager
>>>
>>> Many thanks,
>>>
>>> Gordon

>>> 2. show your xml dds or at least the relevant portions.