geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <da...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: dtd-based deployment descriptors
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2004 07:18:38 GMT

On Wednesday, June 16, 2004, at 11:39 PM, Kristian Köhler wrote:

> Hi David
>
> Noah Campbell wrote:
>
>> Curious how you did the dtd to schema conversion?  A quick google
>> search led me to a perl dtd2schema command line util.
>
> If this tool doesn't fit your needs I would try to convert the dtd
> files into schema files with XMLSpy.

That would be wonderful.

> Do you have an example how the schema files should look like (using
> complex-types, etc)? Or is your code checked in?
Someone converted the jca 1.0 dtd for me using xmlspy.  There is some
setting that makes all the elements be top level schema types, which
results in something very similar to the j2ee 1.4 schemas.  Since my
goal is to manually compare different schema versions, having the
output as close as possible to the 1.4 schemas would be ideal.

The 1.2 and 1.3 dtds for ejbs and web-apps are checked into the schema
directory now.  The conversion for the connector 1.0 is in
specs/schema/src/j2ee_1_3schema/ if you would like to compare.

many thanks!!

david jencks