geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <da...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: [Connector] Stress tests
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2004 22:11:36 GMT

On Thursday, June 24, 2004, at 02:03 PM, Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira
(Engenharia - SPO) wrote:

> [...]

We still use the Geronimo connection manager implementation, and  it
still enlists/delists transactions as usual.  However, instead of
pooling in Geronimo, whenever a connection is requested we get it from
the OracleDataSource (backed by the Oracle pooling) and when a
ManagedConnection is returned we destroy it, returning it to the
OracleDataSource and presumably the Oracle pool.  I think the
geronimo-ra.xml in the oracle adapter is not actually set up to enable
Oracle datasource pooling, and we haven't really tested how well this
works.

thanks
david jencks