geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: Replacing the openejb snapshot jar
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 19:58:38 GMT
For OpenEJB, I personally build that project in addition to Geronimo.
OpenEJB has two cvs repositories one for OpenEJB 1.0 and a completely
different one for the 2.0 code.  The 2.0 code is kept at
cvs.openejb.org:/home/projects/openejb/scm (this is a codehaus server
not source forge).

IIRC, the openejb snapshot is built every 4 hours, so unless you are
unlucky most times the Geronimo and openejb snapshots are synchronized.
  If you want to build both projects from source, simply download both
and build them; maven will work out the dependencies.  The one trick is
you sometimes need to build geronimo twice.  The no geronimo code uses
openejb, but in the geronimo assembly phase we pull in code from
openejb, and this code needs to build with geronimo (so you get a
circular dependency).  Normally I build in the following order:

geronimo> maven -o
.... sometimes this works perfectly and sometimes it fails in the
assembly phase where it needs current openejb code

openejb> maven -o
.... this should work perfectly

geronimo> maven -o
.... now that openejb is rebuilt this should work perfectly and the
assembled server will include the most current openejb code

It is a bit annoying, but better then it used to be :)

-dain