geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From jastrac...@mac.com
Subject setting the log level when running Geronimo?
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2004 12:39:34 GMT
I just wanted to check there wasn't an easier way to do this.

To set the logging level when running Geronimo - e.g. to turn on debug
logging so we can see more detail of whats going on when we deploy
stuff - we can edit modules/assembly/src/plan/system-plan.xml which has
stuff like the following...

     <gbean name="geronimo.system:role=LogAppender,type=ConsoleAppender"
class="org.apache.geronimo.system.logging.log4j.appender.ConsoleAppender
Service">
         <attribute name="Threshold"
type="java.lang.String">INFO</attribute>
         <attribute name="LayoutPattern"
type="java.lang.String">%d{ABSOLUTE} %-5p [%c{1}] %m%n</attribute>
         <attribute name="Target"
type="java.lang.String">System.out</attribute>
     </gbean>

then we can rebuild the assembly. Is there any other quick way to
change this - say from the command line when running Geronimo? Just
wondered.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/