geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jer...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject JSR88 Hot Deployment support
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2004 05:36:42 GMT
I have just committed code to support hot deployment using the JSR88
J2EE Deployment API - this allows a remote (inter-VM) client to
load/unload/start/stop/list deployments on a server.

The client communicates using JMX remoting over RMI although any
protocol supported by the JMX transport should work. Also,
deploy/redeploy is only supported for modules on the current machine (or
via a well known network path).

This should work with any JSR88 tool - if anyone has access to one then
please let me know if you can do any interop testing. We will be adding
integration with maven and ant real soon now - instructions will be
added to the wiki when done.

--
Jeremy