geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <>
Subject Re: Where can I learn about GBeans
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2004 13:52:58 GMT
Srinath Perera wrote:

> Hi All;
> I want to learn about GBeans used in geronimo .. from wiki I found out that
> it is extension of MBeans ..but where can I find more info ..
> if the place is code where should I look at the code

This is definitely a FAQ :)

We currently implement GBeans using JMX but they are designed to be
independent of it to allow implementation under other frameworks. They
are also designed to isolate you from some of the ugliness of using raw

A good place for examples is the system module which contains a bunch of
relatively simple GBeans.

I would suggest starting there, and then post a list of questions to the
list or to the wiki - we need to get this documented and I think that
may be the catalyst that makes it happen.

View raw message