geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Eduardo Piva <efp...@gmail.com>
Subject Deploying .ear
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2004 17:37:41 GMT
Hi all,

I'm new here (two days in this mailing list), and I'm trying to learn
more about geronimo internals, so I can write some code too. :)

I've downloaded the CVS code, made a build and tried some deployments,
just to know how geronimo works (I've used only JBoss until now). For
an .jar file, I did:

$ java -jar bin/deployer.jar --install --module
../modules/j2ee/target/test-ejb-jar.jar

And started it with:

$ java -jar bin/server.jar org/openejb/itests org/apache/geronimo/DebugConsole

at: http://localhost:8080/debug-tool/, I can see the EJB deployed.

The second test I've done is:

$ java -jar bin/deployer.jar --install --module
../modules/j2ee/target/test-ear.ear

And I get a NullPointerException (can paste the stacktrace if it's usefull).

How can I deploy an ear file? I've read the documentation, and it says
it isn't supported yet, but I don't know if it's outdated, since there
are .ear builds in the test tree.

Thanks in advance,

Eduardo

--