geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Philip Mark Donaghy <pmdgeron...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Re: Problem testing ConverterApp from J2EETutorial
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2004 19:54:27 GMT
--- Dain Sundstrom <dain@coredevelopers.net> a écrit :
> Can you update your code to the latest cvs head and
> check again?

This is still broken. I am writing a patch for it.
Phil

> -dain
>
> On Jun 16, 2004, at 4:39 AM, Philip Mark Donaghy
> wrote:
>
> > Seems to be that this bug is due to the fact that
> the
> > builder is looking for the assembly-descriptor
> > element. This element is optional according to the
> xml
> > schema descriptor file
> > http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/ejb-jar_2_1.xsd
> >
> > I'll submit a bug, the workaround is to include an
> > empty <assembly-descriptor/> element to the ejb
> > deployment descriptor.
> >
> > Phil
> >
> > --- Philip Mark Donaghy <pmdgeronimo@yahoo.fr> a
> écrit
> > : > Hello Geronimo users and developers,
> >>
> >> Sun's J2EE Tutorial comes with provided ears
> which
> >> need to be modified to work with Geronimo.
> >>
> >> <tutorial_install>/examples/ejb/provided-ears
> >>
> >> I am attempted to deploy the ConverterApp.
> Keeping
> >> it
> >> simple for now :)
> >>
> >> I extracted the provided jar.
> >> I have added an openejb-jar.xml to META-INF.
> >>
> >> Problem occurs during deployment. See stack trace
> :
> >>
> >> java -jar bin/deployer.jar --install --module

/home/phil/soft/doc/j2eetutorial14/examples/ejb/provided-ears/

> > ConverterApp/ejb-jar-ic-geronimo.jar
> >> java.lang.NullPointerException
> >>         at

org.openejb.deployment.OpenEJBModuleBuilder.addGBeans(OpenEJBModuleBuil

> > der.java:409)
> >>         at

org.openejb.deployment.OpenEJBModuleBuilder$$FastClassByCGLIB$$11bd7b20

> > .invoke(<generated>)
> >>         at

net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:87)
> >>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.jmx.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoke

> > r.java:38)
> >>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.jmx.GBeanMBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanMBeanOper

> > ation.java:141)
> >>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.jmx.GBeanMBean.invoke(GBeanMBean.java:740)
> >>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.jmx.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:89)
> >>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.jmx.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationIn

> > voker.java:34)
> >>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.jmx.CGLibMethodInterceptor.intercept(CGLibMet

> > hodInterceptor.java:110)
> >>         at

org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.ModuleBuilder$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$9e4

> > 5a280.addGBeans(<generated>)
> >>         at

org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.buildConfiguration

> > (EARConfigBuilder.java:209)
> >>         at

org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.buildConfiguration

> > (EARConfigBuilder.java:142)
> >>         at

org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder$$FastClassByCGLIB$

> > $38e56ec6.invoke(<generated>)
> >>         at

net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:87)
> >>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.jmx.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoke

> > r.java:38)
> >>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.jmx.GBeanMBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanMBeanOper

> > ation.java:141)
> >>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.jmx.GBeanMBean.invoke(GBeanMBean.java:740)
> >>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.jmx.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:89)
> >>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.jmx.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationIn

> > voker.java:34)
> >>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.jmx.CGLibMethodInterceptor.intercept(CGLibMet

> > hodInterceptor.java:110)
> >>         at

org.apache.geronimo.deployment.ConfigurationBuilder$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$7

> > a1ca0ae.buildConfiguration(<generated>)
> >>         at

org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:132)
> >>         at

org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer$$FastClassByCGLIB$$734a235d.inv

> > oke(<generated>)
> >>         at

net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:87)
> >>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.jmx.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoke

> > r.java:38)
> >>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.jmx.GBeanMBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanMBeanOper

> > ation.java:141)
> >>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.jmx.GBeanMBean.invoke(GBeanMBean.java:761)
> >>         at

mx4j.server.interceptor.InvokerMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(InvokerMBe

> > anServerInterceptor.java:218)
> >>         at

=== message truncated ===

Dialoguez en direct avec vos amis grâce à Yahoo! Messenger !Téléchargez Yahoo! Messenger
sur http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com