geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Philip Mark Donaghy <pmdgeron...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Re: setting the log level when running Geronimo?
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2004 19:28:45 GMT
--- jastrachan@mac.com a écrit : > I just wanted to
check there wasn't an easier way to
> do this.
>
> To set the logging level when running Geronimo -
> e.g. to turn on debug
> logging so we can see more detail of whats going on
> when we deploy
> stuff - we can edit
> modules/assembly/src/plan/system-plan.xml which has

This file has an interesting line that looks like this
 :
<attribute name="ConfigurationURL"
type="java.net.URL">log4j.xml</attribute>

I tried to get this to work by putting log4j.xml in
target, bin, and lib but it has no effect. It would be
nice to drop log4j.xml in a directory somewhere and be
done with it.

Still looking for the answer.

Phil

> stuff like the following...
>
>      <gbean

name="geronimo.system:role=LogAppender,type=ConsoleAppender"

class="org.apache.geronimo.system.logging.log4j.appender.ConsoleAppender

> Service">
>          <attribute name="Threshold"
> type="java.lang.String">INFO</attribute>
>          <attribute name="LayoutPattern"
> type="java.lang.String">%d{ABSOLUTE} %-5p [%c{1}]
> %m%n</attribute>
>          <attribute name="Target"
> type="java.lang.String">System.out</attribute>
>      </gbean>
>
> then we can rebuild the assembly. Is there any other
> quick way to
> change this - say from the command line when running
> Geronimo? Just
> wondered.
>
> James
> -------
> http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Dialoguez en direct avec vos amis grâce à Yahoo! Messenger !Téléchargez Yahoo! Messenger
sur http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com