geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <da...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: problem accessing a connectionFactory from a sessionbean
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 21:48:35 GMT

On Monday, June 28, 2004, at 08:33 AM, Gordon Sivewright wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> I did first try just adding the TargetRealm but I still had problems
> starting so I added all the other stuff. I will try again to drop the
> ConnectionTracker, WorkManager, and BootstrapContext.
>
> I needed to add inbound-resourceadapter (also
> messageAdapter/messagelistener/activationspec) with the latest from
> cvs to avoid a NPE.

OK, I think I restored inbound-resourceadapter and messageAdapter to
optional.  Please let me know if there are any other mistakenly
required elements.

thanks
david jencks

> Thanks for the info on TargetRealm.
>
> Gordon

>>> a
>>> v
>>> a:284)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.execute(ASTRefer
>>> e
>>> n
>>> ce.java:213)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.value(ASTReferen
>>> c
>>> .java:365)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Foreach.render(Foreach.java:169
>>> )
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTDirective.render(ASTDirect
>>> i
>>> v
>>> e.java:152)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.SimpleNode.render(SimpleNode.
>>> j
>>> a
>>> va:269)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Parse.render(Parse.java:219)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTDirective.render(ASTDirect
>>> i
>>> v
>>> e.java:152)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.SimpleNode.render(SimpleNode.
>>> j
>>> a
>>> va:269)
>>>         at org.apache.velocity.Template.merge(Template.java:294)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.jmxdebug.web.velocity.BasicVelocityActionServlet.
>>> r
>>> e
>>> nderTemplate(BasicVelocityActionServle
>>> t.java:182)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.jmxdebug.web.velocity.DebugServlet.defaultAction(
>>> D
>>> e
>>> bugServlet.java:79)
>>>         at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor57.invoke(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>         at
>>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
>>> s
>>> o
>>> rImpl.java:25)
>>>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.jmxdebug.web.velocity.BasicVelocityActionServlet.
>>> s
>>> e
>>> rvice(BasicVelocityActionServlet.java:
>>> 80)
>>>         at
>>> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:688)
>>>         at
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:360
>>> )
>>>         at
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebApplicati
>>> o
>>> n
>>> Handler.java:471)
>>>         at
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:
>>> 512)
>>>         at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1442)
>>>         at
>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle(WebApplication
>>> C
>>> o
>>> ntext.java:490)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.jetty.JettyWebApplicationContext.handle(JettyWebA
>>> p
>>> p
>>> licationContext.java:196)
>>>         at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1394)
>>>         at org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.service(HttpServer.java:879)
>>>         at
>>> org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:821)
>>>         at
>>> org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:988)
>>>         at
>>> org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:838)
>>>         at
>>> org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:
>>> 212)
>>>         at
>>> org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:315)
>>>         at
>>> org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:510)

>>> from starting, so the ManagedConnectionFactoryWrapper wouldn't get
>>> started. 2. There is a bug/missing feature that calls to gbean
>>> operations get
>>> the gbean even when it is not started.
>>>
>>> So, the best advice at the moment is to update Geronimo from cvs and
>>> try again.
>>>
>>> thanks
>>> david jencks

>>> _
>>> _
>>> _
>>>
>>> This email has been scanned for all viruses by MessageLabs
>>> _
>>> _
>>> _
>>>
>>> This message contains confidential information and is intended only
>>> for the named individual and may not be disseminated without prior
>>> permission.  If you are not the named addressee, you should not
>>> disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender
>>> immediately by e-mail if you have received this message in error and
>>> delete this e-message from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be
>>> guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be
>>> intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, delayed in transmission,
>>> incomplete, or may contain viruses. The sender therefore does not
>>> accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this
>>> Message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.  If
>>> verification is required please request a hard-copy version. This
>>> message is provided for informational purposes and should not be
>>> construed as a solicitation or offer to buy or sell any software or
>>> services.

>>> _
>>> _
>>> _
>>> This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs
>>> SkyScan
>>> service. http://www.messagelabs.com
>>> _
>>> _