geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dorel Vaida" <Dorel.Va...@ags.ro>
Subject RE: User list? Bundle?
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 09:15:49 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan D. Cabrera [mailto:adc@toolazydogs.com]
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2004 1:11 PM
To: dev@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: RE: User list? Bundle?

>Sorry, I missed that part about installing Apache httpd with Tomcat.
>Why would you install both Apache httpd and Tomcat?  You are talking
about the non-java httpd server, right?

For example You want to use a litle cluster of tomcat containers and use
Apache httpd as a load balancer. But I don't see either why should
geronimo be bundled with Tomcat AND apache httpd. The scenario I
described should work by installing Apache httpd separately and than
configuring it to work with the cluster of tomcat containers.

>In any case, we intend to have Apache Tomcat, not Apache httpd, running
with Geronimo.  This means that there   >will be a GBean wrapper for it
and it will be as easy to install/configure as any of the other Geronimo
>services.  It is my understanding that we will have preset bundles one
of which will be Tomcat.

Seems logical
Regards, Dorel

Regards,