+1

At 12:39 PM 5/12/2004, David Blevins wrote:
On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 11:07:23AM -0400, Mark D. Hansen wrote:
> Why is Apache creating Geromino when JBoss provides an open source
> J2EE container?  Is it because some developers object to the license
> that JBoss uses?  Or is it because the Geronimo developers feel they
> can provide a better J2EE implemenation than JBoss?  Both?  Neither?

Did you know that five of the committers originated from the OpenEJB project?  This includes both project founders, Richard Monson-Haefel and myself.  Did you know the founders of Jetty are also founding members of this project?  The leader of Mx4j also.  Castor JDO.  The list goes on and on.

Why should any of us have to justify our existence now, after having played in the open source J2EE world for as long as JBoss?  Why is it that when Apache opens their doors to us and provides a place where we can finally collaborate, people call "foul" as if collaboration is a dirty word in open source?

Exactly what is the injustice here and exactly when did our years of work suddenly become about JBoss?

--
David Blevins
A Founder of Geronimo

LEGAL NOTICE

This electronic mail  transmission and any accompanying documents contain information belonging to the sender which may be confidential and legally privileged.  This information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom this electronic mail transmission was sent as indicated above. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents of the information contained in this transmission is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error, please delete the message.  Thank you