geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Cabrera <Alan.Cabr...@reuters.com>
Subject RE: JMSException while Running
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 12:52:49 GMT
I changed the activemwq version number from 1.0-SNAPSHOT to SNAPSHOT.
It could be that in an XML plan somewhere it's still 1.0-SNAPSHOT.

Regards,
Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: David Blevins [mailto:david.blevins@visi.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 3:26 AM
To: geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: JMSException while Running

On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 11:14:28PM +0200, Donaghy Philip M wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I got this error while running the current CVS code...
>
> java -jar bin/server.jar org/apache/geronimo/Server
>
> Exception occured while attempting to fully start:

objectName=geronimo.server:type=JMSConnector,container=ActiveMQ,port=616
16
> javax.jms.JMSException: Could not load protocol: tcp.
> Reason: java.io.IOException: Could not find class for
> resource:
> META-INF/services/org/codehaus/activemq/transport/server/tcp
>
> Does anyone know what is wrong?

Don't know what's wrong, probably a question for James or Hiram.

You can dissable the ActiveMQ gbeans by commenting out these two entries
in modules/assembly/src/plan/j2ee-server-plan.xml

    <gbean name="geronimo.server:type=JMSServer,container=ActiveMQ"
class="org.codehaus.activemq.container.ActiveMQContainer">
    </gbean>

    <gbean
name="geronimo.server:type=JMSConnector,container=ActiveMQ,port=61616"
class="org.codehaus.activemq.container.ActiveMQConnector">
        <attribute name="Url"
type="java.lang.String">tcp://localhost:61616</attribute>
        <reference
name="ActiveMQContainer">geronimo.server:type=JMSServer,container=Active
MQ</reference>
    </gbean>

-David

the views of Reuters Ltd.