geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: AW: Rushing too fast for SVN? was...Re: [VOTE] Switch to SVN
Date Sun, 30 May 2004 14:11:39 GMT

The only -ve I've found with SVN so far is the tagging. It works well when
I want to tag a directory, but not when I want to tag a directory and a
few files in the parent directory.

This would be a common thing to do when the build system inherits a file
from higher up, either with Ant or with Maven.

So my one new penny is to move to SVN with all speed as long as the
structure fits directory tagging, and to hesitate if it requires more
complex tagging.

Hen