geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <>
Subject RE: JACC Subject question
Date Wed, 26 May 2004 12:06:20 GMT

The spec is quiet talks about this obliquely in section 4.6.1

"Policy providers must not call methods on or modify the objects
returned by the context handlers if these actions will cause the
container to fail in its processing of the associated request."

I take it to mean that the containers can dictate what the handler can
and cannot do.  I believe that Policy Context Handlers will always be
highly server specific because of their programmatic nature.

That said, the bean should have access to nothing or else we end up with
a chicken and egg scenario.

View raw message