geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Filip Hanik \(lists\)" <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject JBoss and posting to forums
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 18:05:46 GMT
----POST TO DALLAS JAVA USER GROUP--------------
I wanted to give you a heads up that The Middleware Company, operators of
TheServerSide Communities, announced today it has terminated business ties
with JBoss, Inc.

In recent weeks, JBoss Inc. and its flamboyant leader, Marc Fleury, were
taking heat in the Java and open-source communities for allegedly posting
fake messages around the Internet promoting JBoss and its business model and
blasting competitors. According to sources and published reports, the
so-called "professional open-source" company's employees, including CEO
Fleury, posted messages to popular Java sites such as TheServerSide and
JavaLobby under anonymous or bogus names.

The Middleware Company attempted to diplomatically work through differences
that arose from recent events. However, the instability and unprofessional
conduct from JBoss Inc. CEO Marc Fleury eroded the company's optimism for
reaching resolution. The Middleware Company regrets the inconvenience this
may cause JBoss, Inc.

As a company that stewards communities and performs research, The Middleware
Company must balance the needs of vendors and individuals who make up the
ecosystem we serve. It will continue news coverage and editorial in a
neutral manner on technology, events and vendors and aggressively address
any attempts to lower the value of its communities.

The Middleware Company believes in the promise of open source middleware and
wishes great success to all such initiatives, including JBoss.
----END POST TO DALLAS JAVA USER GROUP------------