geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <da...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: Reusing connections from JTA transactions
Date Thu, 06 May 2004 16:07:14 GMT
1. Are you using xa?

2. assuming "yes", do you get a new (sql Connection) handle from the
XAConnection for each connection handle request?  If so, you might try:

-- when the XAConnection is first obtained, immediately get a sql
Connection from it
-- when the adapter ConnectionFactory/Datasource hands out a sql
Connection handle, wrap this single oracle sql Connection.  If you
never close even an oracle handle, perhaps they will last longer.
--when the ManagedConnection is destroyed, only then close the Oracle
sql Connection.

Is this Oracle 10g?

Hope this helps

david