geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McGrady <mich...@michaelmcgrady.com>
Subject Re: purpose of Geronimo ?
Date Wed, 12 May 2004 16:33:19 GMT
The people at JBoss have not exactly been easy to work with in the
past.  They are not really open source in the "open" sense.  The idea is to
keep the information on their stuff secret and to sell information.  It is
one thing to have poor or questionable documentation in open source, and
quite another to systematically achieve that objective.  They are corporate
with a different kind of corporate vision.  Don't get me wrong.  I like the
fellas and gals there fine and they have great product, but they are open
source on the lyrics and not on the tune.

Michael McGrady

At 08:07 AM 5/12/2004, Mark D. Hansen wrote:
>Why is Apache creating Geromino when JBoss provides an open source J2EE
>container?  Is it because some developers object to the license that JBoss
>uses?  Or is it because the Geronimo developers feel they can provide a
>better J2EE implemenation than JBoss?  Both?  Neither?

LEGAL NOTICE

you