geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Agustin Gonzalez-Tuchmann <agus...@townlakesoftware.com>
Subject Rushing too fast for SVN? was...Re: [VOTE] Switch to SVN
Date Sat, 29 May 2004 17:45:37 GMT
I am not a contributor but I think you guys may be rushing too fast to SVN.
Isn't CVS good enough? Why fix it if it ain't broken? Besides CVS is the
de-facto standard, it is supported by a lot of tools like eclipse. So maybe
I am missing something and SVN is compatible will CVS and it will integrate
seamlessly with the tools OR you guys are underestimating the value of
public knowledge and support (i.e. de-facto standards)...