geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@4quarters.com>
Subject [seed] Proposal for board
Date Fri, 21 May 2004 13:32:17 GMT
Here is an example seed for the proposal that we would send to the
board to ask for TLP-ness.  The two basic premises are

a) we are responsible for producing a certified J2EE server as well as
other software et al that we deem related to that goal

b) cooperation with other open source groups working on projects that
we deem related to our goals is something we will actively pursue and
support

Anything else to add?

It appears to be common practice that the PMC is tasked by the board
with producing it's own bylaws *after* resolution of status by the
board (after we're in business as a TLP...), so that's been added at
the end, and if people think that's going to fly, that reduces the load
this week before wed.

Also, we need to produce the names of one or more individuals to be PMC
chair to send to the board.

Please review the list of initial PMC members to be sure that I didn't
leave anyone out, or include anyone who doesn't wish to be included.

         a certified implementation of the J2EE specification
         and related software and materials for distribution
         at no charge to the public.

         Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Geronimo PMC", be
         and hereby is established pursuant to the Bylaws of the
         Foundation; and be it further

	   RESOLVED, that the Apache Geronimo PMC be and hereby is
         responsible for the creation and maintenance of an open-source
         implementation of the J2EE specification as well as related
         software and other materials determined appropriate by
         the Apache Geronimo PMC licensed to the Foundation; and be
         it further

         RESOLVED, that the Apache Geronimo PMC is
         responsible for outreach and cooperation with other
         open-source projects whose purpose is deemed compatible with
         the work of the Apache Geronimo PMC; and be
         it further

         RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Geronimo"
         be and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
         serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
         of the Apache Geronimo PMC, and to have primary responsibility
         for management of the projects within the scope and
         responsibility of the Apache Geronimo PMC; and be it further

         Apache Geronimo PMC:

         Jan Bartel
         David Blevins
         Jeremy Boynes
         Aaron D Cabrera
         Hiram Chirino
         Gianny Damour
         Ceki Gülkü
         Jules Gosnell
         Jim Jagielski
         David Jencks
	   Jacek Laskowski
	   Geir Magnusson Jr.
         Richard Monson-Haefel
         Aaron Mulder
         Bruce Snyder
         Davanum Srinivas
         James Strachan
         Dain Sundstrom
         Greg Wilkins

         NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that $BOARD_CHOICE be
         and hereby is appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache
         Geronimo, to serve in accordance with and subject to the
         direction of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the
         Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal or
         disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it
         further

         RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Geronimo PMC be and hereby
         is tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
         encourage open development and increased participation in the
         Apache Geronimo Project.

geir@4quarters.com