geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jer...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: problem starting the geronimo offline/behind firewall
Date Mon, 31 May 2004 19:58:43 GMT
Srinath Perera wrote:

> Hi All;
>
> when I
> 1)download the incubator-geronimo-1.0-M1-bin.zip then uncompressed it
> 2) run
> java -jar bin\server.jar  org/apache/geronimo/DebugConsole
>
> I get following error .
>
> I am behind a firewall (proxy) , When I try at home where there is a direct
> connection that is working. (I am getting same result when I have no
> internet connection)
>
> Is this a bug or am I missing something

IIRC this is a known issue and I thought it was documented. Jetty
currently needs to parse web.xml when it starts and is not hooked in to
the entity resolver so it needs to get the xsd schema file from the web;
if it can't then it fails to parse and you get this error (or something
similar). So for now you need to be online.

The quick fix would be to hook Jetty into the entity resolver; a better
fix is to have the deployer generate GBeans for all the servlets so
Jetty does not need to parse any XML on context startup.

--
Jeremy