geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <>
Subject Security configuration & name conflict
Date Sun, 30 May 2004 20:00:14 GMT
In Alan's ConfigurationEntryRealmLocal the JAAS Application name is
defined using the "JAASId" attribute; in my JMX remoting connector it is
specified using the "ApplicationConfigName" attribute. Having two names
is dumb - does anyone have a preference or alternative?

To support remoting I added a Realm into the default configuration that
uses properties files stored in ${geronimo.home}/var/security - this is
obviously not very secure, but probably better than nothing. I am
assuming that in the final release default security will be set up by
the installer.

Is this good enough for the default configuration?

View raw message