geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Switch to SVN
Date Thu, 27 May 2004 03:15:16 GMT
Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> [X] Yes, switch to SVN.
> [ ] No, stick with CVS.
>

> [X] I don't care if the history is imported.
> [ ] I want the history imported.

Lurker vote.

As a certified eclipse fan-boy, this is good and bad news.

Bad news, I've never gotten the tigris eclipse plugin (subclipse) to
work, on Eclipse 3.0M7 or anything later.  It doesn't even start up on
3.0M9 without copying the xerces plugin back into 3.0M9.

Good news, as more project switch, the onus will be on eclipse to
support this, or someone else may get off their duff and get subclipse
working.

For eclipse users, this isn't so bad anyway.  Being able to co geronimo
from within Eclipse was nice, but is a small part of the development
story; I'd rather have Maven integration than svn integration at this
point.  If I was actually checking stuff in, it would be a slightly
bigger pain.

--
Patrick Mueller
pmuellr@yahoo.com