geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse issue -- maven eclipse
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 13:21:42 GMT
Ralf Barkow wrote:

> Thanks Patrick for the attached .launch file.!
> Thanks David for 'refactoring' and posting the improved shell script.!
>
> Yes Patrick, I want it to run against 'live' code.

I haven't figured this out yet.  At least, how you can run against code
compiled by Eclipse assuming you have set everything up so it's directly
compilable by Eclipse.  I get various sorts of exceptions when running.
  I believe that there must be some non-.class file resources that are
built by maven, stuck in the associated jars, that can't be found.
Either that, or there is just a general classpath problem, as the way I
have tried the launches is to put everything on the classpath when
running (ie, it may be that a certain classpath hierarchy/graph is
required to run correctly).

I'm sort of torn between figuring this out vs. trying to get Eclipse to
just run maven as part of it's build process.  Essentially a double
compile (I still want Eclipse to build it's versions of the .class
files, to be able to get instant feed back on errors, get exact code
completion, and get all the introspective stuff working).

I'll report back when I find something useful.  As I'm not actually
developing Geronimo code ... for now ... it's not a critical issue for
me at the moment ... sorry.

--
Patrick Mueller
pmuellr@yahoo.com