geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Ralf Barkow <Ralf.Bar...@web.de>
Subject Re: Eclipse issue -- maven eclipse
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 11:32:18 GMT

Thanks Patrick for the attached .launch file.!
Thanks David for 'refactoring' and posting the improved shell script.!

Yes Patrick, I want it to run against 'live' code.

Patrick Mueller wrote:
[.launch file]

> However ... I suspect what you want is to run against 'live' code, not
> the maven built jars.  This is going to be more work.  The easiest
> thing to do is to use Eclipse for editing/launching/debugging, but not
> for build.  Do your builds outside of eclipse.

Currently building outside of eclipse in ~/incubator-geronimo and using
David's shell script to do a "maven eclipse" with the
maven-eclipse-plugin in each of geronimo's modules.  In Eclipse you do
an "Import | Existing Project into Workspace" for every module you want
to look at.

Consider using Mevenide (no typo) http://mevenide.codehaus.org/ to
integrate Maven into Eclipse.  This gives you --among other things--
Maven launcher integration into Eclipse External Tools.

To be able to use Patrick's .launch file with David's approach,  you
perform the following steps in Eclipse :-
(1) Create incubator-geronimo as a top-level project in Eclipse with
"New | Project" and the Java Project wizard.
(2) Add a "New | Folder" named: target to that project.
(3) "Import ..." from File System
        From directory ~/incubator-geronimo/target into the freshly
created target folder.
        Note: "Create selected folders only".
(4) Copy Geronimo-jars.launch to your eclipse workspace:
/incubator-geronimo/Geronimo-jars.launch
(5) "Add Projects..." geronimo-system et al to the "Source Lookup Path"
of that Geronimo-jars configuration.
(6) Run the pre-built DebugConsole configuration and/or debug it inside
Eclipse -- and have fun ...

Find attached a slightly modified Geronimo-jars.launch file for the
1.0-SNAPSHOT. Note: Not all modules were added to the Source Lookup
Path, only geronimo-system for the moment.

Cheers,
--
/rgb