geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Bartel <j...@mortbay.com>
Subject Re: Security stuff
Date Wed, 12 May 2004 10:06:46 GMT
David,
> On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 10:00:21AM +0200, Jan Bartel wrote:
>
>>>1. Authentication: JAAS Login from Servlet container on any Form or Basic
>>>auth request.
>>
>>This is probably not going to be too much work, as Jetty already does
>>JAAS login for the JettyPlus product.
>

> Great, this is a big win. If we can get this plugged in asap, we can
> get started on leveraging the subject in OpenEJB's security code--in
> other words, our own JACC nonsense :) It also means Alan will finally
> be forced to put finishing touches on his RealmProvider thingies for
> M2 users.
I'm having computer hassles and having to time-share someone else's
laptop for the next week, but I will try to get some time to do some
hooking up of Geronimo JAAS with Jetty.

> Might I suggest a technique I used on OpenEJB to move forward on
> several integration things that are really experimental in nature.
> Create a cvs branch of the latest greatest Jetty and start the
> experimentation there.
Yes, a branch would be the way to go. I'm only hesitating because we've
already got 2 concurrent branches going in Jetty and a third might just
push us over the edge, maintenance-wise :-) I'll have a chat to Greg and
see what he recommends, we may be able to do the JAAC stuff in one of
the existing branches.

cheers,
Jan