geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: Dependency without reference
Date Sun, 30 May 2004 16:56:05 GMT
On May 30, 2004, at 11:44 AM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> Do we support dependencies on GBeans in sibling configurations?

We support references to GBeans in siblings configurations and that
results in a dependency.

> The problem with declaring a reference is that the class of the target
> GBean may not be available, and that there may not be a setted/ctr-arg
> for the value.

As the subject implies, in that case I would suppose you would want a
pure dependency without a reference.  Alternatively, you could use a
common reference interface in the parent class loader.

> Do we support dependencies without a reference?

No

> Would a reference type of java.lang.Object work?

Yes

> Will it work without a setter/ctr-arg?

No

> Of academic interest for now, the GBeans where I thought I might need
> this are in a parent/child config relationship.

We can add this, but before I tackle this, what is the use case; I
don't want to add features without a good use case.

-dain