geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Brendan W.McAdams <bmcad...@sluggy.com>
Subject Re: Thread Management / ClockDaemon
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 23:43:21 GMT
And continuing my self introspective ramble on this issue, and finding
there are still informational pieces I need [when does next timer fire?
java.util.Timer doesn't provide this in the manner needed]... What
about using JMX Timers as the backing provider?  They are part of the
J2EE 1.4 Spec [TimerMBean] so we'll have to provide them anyway and
they appear to facilitate all of the necessary methods.

I do recall Dain Sundstrom saying something in a past conversation
about being iffy about using them however.

Thoughts?  I don't think there are any more options than these '3' for
me to stumble upon for now and I apologise for exposing a potential
inner monologue to the wild.

-Brendan