geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia - SPO)" <hamilton.olive...@agenciaclick.com.br>
Subject Reusing connections from JTA transactions
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 22:57:12 GMT

After the end of transaction, the connections are being returned to pool.
Maybe this is ok for every single database out there, except for Oracle :-)

I'm using local transaction, after the completion the connection is closed.
Reciclying it to the pool and trying to use it again results in a Connection
Closed ORA error. I changed the
TransactionCachingInterceptor.afterCompletion to

    public void afterCompletion(Object managedConnectionInfo) {
        ConnectionInfo connectionInfo = new ConnectionInfo();

connectionInfo.setManagedConnectionInfo((ManagedConnectionInfo)managedConnec
tionInfo);
        returnConnection(connectionInfo, ConnectionReturnAction.DESTROY);
    }

So I explicit don't want to re-use connections used by transactions. Hope
you provide a work-around for Oracle drivers.

Regards,
hammett