geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Cabrera <Alan.Cabr...@reuters.com>
Subject RE: Hot deployment
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 19:01:11 GMT

Simon,

Dave and I are in the process of placing a layered pluggable protocol
stack underneath Hiram's code.  It allows for a lot of nifty features
such as Kerberos via SASL or GSSAPI; we also want to put xinetd
functionality in.  If I read Jeremy's email correctly, it is this that
he is referring to.

For remote JMX, MX4J has a perfectly good implementation and I think
that we should use it as is.  Are people thinking about using the
Geronimo network stack to support remote JMX?  It is not clear to me
what the advantages are of doing this.

Do I understand this thread correctly?

Regards,
Alan