geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <da...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: Problem with DeploymentContext
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 17:20:06 GMT

On Friday, April 2, 2004, at 09:11 AM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> Jacek Laskowski wrote:
>

>> It's just an non-tested idea, but as it's already a stream of
>> resources (classes as well), why it's not possible to build a
>> classloader that would deal with that stream. What else is in the
>> input stream of a JSR88 tool other than stream-ified war, ejb-jar or
>> rar?
>> Would the classloader be a solution to the question?
>
> That would work too - pull the bytecode from the stream into memory
> (HashMap?) and have a ClassLoader work from that. For an EAR we would
> need several of these to handle the nested modules.
>
> Seems a little more complex but does avoid the temp file issue.

I considered both this and trying to use a URLClassloader on the
partially written output file (by the time we need classes, the bytes
containing the classes have been written out and could be flushed) but
couldn't convince myself that there were any real advantages over the
very simple if ugly temp file solution.  Why would we want to maintain
the code for such a classloader?

thanks
david jencks