geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Re: Problem with DeploymentContext
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 22:56:18 GMT
The deployment construction phase, of which this temp file usage is a
part, already won't work without file system write access -- one of the
alternatives to temp files is to try to get a URLClassloader to read
from the partially written configuration archive file.  However I think
running a pre-configured geronimo instance off read only media ought to

david jencks

On Friday, April 2, 2004, at 02:11 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> David Jencks wrote:
>> Why would we want to maintain the code for such a classloader?
> I agree with the arguments. There's a lot of work to do and maintain
> afterwards. However, do we consider to run Geronimo on a read-only
> media, e.g. CD-ROM? If so, the temp file solution won't work anymore.
>> david jencks
> Jacek

View raw message