geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From jastrac...@mac.com
Subject Re: Daily builds
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2004 16:46:39 GMT

On 30 Apr 2004, at 17:11, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> Now that we got our first release out (and kind of know what we are
> doing), I plan on setting up a daily build.  To do this I will need to
> change the Geronimo version to 1.0-SNAPSHOT.

+1

Right now its a PITA having DEV versions for everything as I've no idea
what version it is & Maven won't auto-download when things change. I
never know what version I'm using.

> This will cause the maven build to check if a new version of the
> Geronimo jars on the ibiblio repository each time you build, which has
> couple of drawbacks.  If you are online the build will be slower, as
> maven will contact ibiblio for each module build, and if you happen to
> build while the jars are being uploaded to ibiblio, you may get some
> jars from ibiblio and some from your local build.  Both of these can
> be fixed by building with 'maven -o' (offline mode), but you have to
> remember to type it.

Or you can put

maven.mode.online=false

into your build.properties in your geronimo directory (or home
directory). Then you'll be working of a fixed snapshot & Maven won't
update anything. Then just toggle the switch whenever you're ready to
live life on the edge, in the fast lane :)

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/