geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: Release this week
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2004 10:35:16 GMT
On 21 Apr 2004, at 03:47, David Blevins wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 02:41:40PM -0500, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>> Geronimo is hackable now, so I think we should do a binary (alpha)
>> release.  I still need to get the OpenEJB deployer and jars into the
>> Geronimo assembly but that should not take that long.  Does anyone
>> else
>> have something they need to get in before we do a release?
> I can think of plenty of things, but that's what makes your idea of
> publishing daily builds such a good one :)
> I'm already doing nightly build/tests on minotaur and nagoya.  It
> should be fairly easy to timestamp each build and publish it *if* the
> tests pass.

+1 on a release and on daily snapshots.

> Maybe at some point later, I can find an easy way to use the cvs
> commit messages as the release notes.

Maybe we should install JIRA?

I've found on other projects that as issues come up, bugs are found or
things need to be fixed, you enter an issue into JIRA using it as
todo-list and bug tracker - then it generates auto-release notes for

plus then you get a road map to see what needs to be fixed before the
next release...

and you can tie in the issue ID to the CVS commit too if you want

View raw message