geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Bordet, Simone" <simone.bor...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Hot deployment
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 16:16:44 GMT
Hi,

> >>From: Jeremy Boynes [mailto:jeremy@coredevelopers.net]
> >>
> >>Can someone give us a quick update on where JMX Remoting is
> with the
> >>new network transport (not RMI) ?
> >
> > What JMX Remoting are you speaking of?
> >

> The ability to invoke an MBean from another VM using the Geronimo
> network code as transport (using its security etc.). Does
> this work, or is there much to do to make it work ?

Is this stuff what we talked some time ago with Hiram ?
After few mails I saw no more activity, so I presumed it was kinda dead.

MX4J provides JSR 160 implementations over RMI/JRMP, RMI/IIOP and HTTP/SOAP, it's only a matter
of configuration.
The layer can be written using JSR 160 API, and plugin later the geronimo protocol.

About security, it is something more peculiar so that RMI/SSL is not secure enough ?

I don't know if that stuff builds on MX4J base classes, but FWIW there are in mx4j.tools.remote.*
base classes that save lots of coding to make a connector be JSR 160 compliant.

I can provide guidelines/help writing that if needed (but little spare time in this period).

Cheers

Simon