geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject wiki editing turned off
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2004 16:29:03 GMT
Sorry about all the spam.  We forgot to turn off the wiki editing
before announcing the release.  We'll turn it back on when all the
traffic dies off.  Since the announcement is most likely 100 emails
down in you mail reader, here it is again:

The Geronimo team is pleased to announce the availability of our first
milestone release, 1.0 M1.

M1 marks the first of many milestone releases to come.   This milestone
integrates the main container components: Geronimo, MX4J, Jetty,
OpenEJB and ActiveMQ.  It has been amazing to see our communities come
together and show such strong support for Apache Geronimo

There is still much work to be done on this integration and we look
forward to fostering more collaboration between our projects to create
an even more unified M2.

As this is our first release and bound to draw a lot of attention, we
have put together a thorough set of release notes which detail the
current state of Geronimo.
http://incubator.apache.org/geronimo/RELEASE-NOTES-1.0-M1.html

We advise that this is simply a milestone release and is not for
general use, nor is it any indication of a final release.  Our goal
with this release is to start out slowly with a base set of
functionality and gather some initial feedback that we can incorporate
into future milestones.

The binaries can be downloaded from Apache at:
http://cvs.apache.org/dist/incubator/geronimo

Information on Geronimo can be found on the wiki at:
http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo

Specific useful resources include:
http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/Deployment
http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/Running