geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <fer...@frii.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] incubator-geronimo-1.0-M1 release files
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 13:21:59 GMT
David Blevins wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 02:19:17AM -0600, Bruce Snyder wrote:
>
>>David Blevins wrote:
>>
>>>Here is the vote:
>>>+1 Let's publish these
>>>-1 They need fixing
>>
>>-1
>>
>>I hate to be the naysayer here, but where's the document describing how
>>to use these binaries? The README.txt file only discusses the use of
>>Maven for building from CVS. There is no document describing how to
>>start it and what to expect from it. Of course, there may be a good
>>reason there's no doc. If this is the case shouldn't the README explain
>>that?
>>

> Is this good?
>
>    http://www.openejb.org/geronimo.html
>    http://openejb.codehaus.org/2.0M1/example-app/README.txt
>
> Working as hard as we can to take care of all the tidbits.

Are we including the OpenEJB tests are do those need to be downloaded
separately?

I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud. I just want people to know how
to do something with this once they download it (like run the tests).
This will help in giving them those warm fuzzies you and spoke of
yesterday.

BTW, we greatly appreciate all the hard work you're doing, David.

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print
unpack("u30","<0G)U8V4\@4VYY9&5R\"F9E<G)E=\$\!F<FEI+F-O;0\`\`");'