geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jer...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: Maven 1.0rc2 now works
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2004 18:25:53 GMT
Joachim Schreiber wrote:

> I want to be more accurate
>
> My firewall wants to block 2 request coming from the jetty module
>
> org.apache.geronimo.jetty.deployment.WebAppDConfigTest
>
> and
>
> org.apache.geronimo.jetty.ApplicationTest
>

> I think this is not always a problem, this depends on the firewall software you use on
your workstation and what configuration. So I think it's not a bug but something to mention
in the wiki.

IIRC these tests boot a Jetty server on port 5678 to avoid conflicts
with other servers that may be running on the box. The tests connect to
http://localhost:5678/

Is this what your firewall is blocking? Can you allow a local connection
to that port to confirm this is the issue so that we can document it
accurately on the wiki.

Thanks
Jeremy