geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem with DeploymentContext
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 13:19:21 GMT
Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> This is a symptom of 88-itis - the tool may only provide us with an
> input stream for the standard archive. We copy that to the output stream
> but that is not suitable for use as a classloader.
>
> I think David's solution of staging a temporary file somewhere and using
> it to build the classpath is probably the way to go, ugly as it seems.

Hi,

It's just an non-tested idea, but as it's already a stream of resources
(classes as well), why it's not possible to build a classloader that
would deal with that stream. What else is in the input stream of a JSR88
tool other than stream-ified war, ejb-jar or rar?

Would the classloader be a solution to the question?

p.s. Being very busy with WebLogic Server on HP-UX in a project it's a
fresh air to think about Geronimo at least a while ;)

> Jeremy

Jacek