geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject UserTransaction in a web application
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2004 19:32:00 GMT
I have changed the WarConfigBuilder and JettyWebApplicationContext to
setup and initialize the UserTransaction.  In geronimo we can enable
and disable the user transaction on a per thread basis.  This feature
is required for EJBs and the EJB spec has a well defined set of rules
for when the methods on a UserTransaction can be called.  Does anyone
know the rules for when the UserTransaction should be valid in a Web
application?  (If you can please give reference to the spec sections
that apply)

In the mean time, I am enabling the UserTransaction on entry to the web
application and disabling it on the way out.  I think this is an issue
for threads created by the web application, but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance,

-dain

  * Dain Sundstrom
  * Partner