geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Joachim Schreiber" <yos...@web.de>
Subject Re: Maven 1.0rc2 now works
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2004 21:05:38 GMT
geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org schrieb am 07.04.04 20:26:48:

> Joachim Schreiber wrote:
>
> > I want to be more accurate
> >
> > My firewall wants to block 2 request coming from the jetty module
> >
> > org.apache.geronimo.jetty.deployment.WebAppDConfigTest
> >
> > and
> >
> > org.apache.geronimo.jetty.ApplicationTest
> >

> > I think this is not always a problem, this depends on the firewall software you
use on your workstation and what configuration. So I think it's not a bug but something to
mention in the wiki.

> IIRC these tests boot a Jetty server on port 5678 to avoid conflicts
> with other servers that may be running on the box. The tests connect to
> http://localhost:5678/
>
> Is this what your firewall is blocking? Can you allow a local connection
> to that port to confirm this is the issue so that we can document it
> accurately on the wiki.
>
> Thanks
> Jeremy

For a more complete list I changed my dev environment to a much more restrictive desktop firewall.
Here are the results:
JUnit tests connecting to dns or act as a server:
The list of 'DNS lookups' is not complete...

Act as Server:
----------------

module: remoting

org.apache.geronimo.remoting.JMXRemotingTest
0.0.0.0:1503 (fix)

org.apache.geronimo.remoting.RemotingInterceptorsTest
0.0.0.0:1505 (fix)

org.apache.geronimo.remoting.StartupTest
0.0.0.0:3434 (fix)

org.apache.geronimo.remoting.transport.AsyncTransportTest
e.g. 0.0.0.0:1394 / 0.0.0.0:1516 (changing ports)

module: network

org.apache.geronimo.network.protocol.control.ControlProtocolTest
e.g. 0.0.0.0:1398 / 0.0.0.0:1520 (changing ports)

org.apache.geronimo.network.protocol.DatagramProtocolTest
e.g. 0.0.0.0:1402 / 0.0.0.0:1524 (changing ports)

org.apache.geronimo.network.protocol.ProtocolStackTest
e.g. 0.0.0.0:1409 / 0.0.0.0:1531 (changing ports)

org.apache.geronimo.network.protocol.SocketProtocolStressTest
e.g. 0.0.0.0:1413 / 0.0.0.0:1535 (changing ports)

org.apache.geronimo.network.protocol.SocketProtocolTest
e.g. 0.0.0.0:1425 / 0.0.0.0:1547 (changing ports)

module: security

org.apache.geronimo.security.bridge.CallerIdentityUserPasswordBridgeTest
0.0.0.0:4242 (fix)

org.apache.geronimo.security.bridge.ConfiguredIdentityUserPasswordBridgeTest
0.0.0.0:4242 (fix)

org.apache.geronimo.security.bridge.MappingUserPasswordBridgeTest
0.0.0.0:4242 (fix)

org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.ConfigurationEntryTest
0.0.0.0:4242 (fix)

org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.LoginKerberosNonGeronimoTest
0.0.0.0:4242 (fix)

org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.LoginKerberosTest
0.0.0.0:4242 (fix)

org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.LoginPropertiesFileTest
0.0.0.0:4242 (fix)

org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.LoginSQLTest
0.0.0.0:4242 (fix)

org.apache.geronimo.security.network.protocol.SubjectCarryingProtocolTest
0.0.0.0:4242 (fix)

org.apache.geronimo.security.remoting.jmx.RemoteLoginTest
e.g. 0.0.0.0:1441 / 0.0.0.0:1561 (changing ports)

module: jetty

org.apache.geronimo.jetty.ApplicationTest
0.0.0.0:5678 (fix)

org.apache.geronimo.jetty.ContainerTest
0.0.0.0:5678 (fix)

DNS lookups
---------------

module: kernel
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.jmx.GBeanMBeanAttributeTest
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.BootstrapTest
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.ConfigTest
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.GBeanTest

module: deployment
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.DeploymentConfigurationTest

module: naming
org.apache.geronimo.naming.geronimo.GeronimoRootContextTest
org.apache.geronimo.naming.java.BasicContextTest
org.apache.geronimo.naming.java.ContextBuilderTest
org.apache.geronimo.naming.java.ThreadContextTest

module: remoting
org.apache.geronimo.remoting.JMXRemotingTest
org.apache.geronimo.remoting.RemotingInterceptorsTest
org.apache.geronimo.remoting.StartupTest

module: security
org.apache.geronimo.security.bridge.CallerIdentityUserPasswordBridgeTest
org.apache.geronimo.security.bridge.ConfiguredIdentityUserPasswordBridgeTest
org.apache.geronimo.security.bridge.MappingUserPasswordBridgeTest
org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.ConfigurationEntryTest
org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.LoginKerberosNonGeronimoTest
org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.LoginKerberosTest
org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.LoginPropertiesFileTest
org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.LoginSQLTest
org.apache.geronimo.security.network.protocol.SubjectCarryingProtocolTest
org.apache.geronimo.security.remoting.jmx.RemoteLoginTest

module: transaction
org.apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.XidImporterTest
org.apache.geronimo.transaction.TransactionManagerProxyTest

module: connector
org.apache.geronimo.connector.AdminObjectWrapperTest
org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.ConnectionManagerTest
org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.ConnectionTrackingInterceptorTest

please let me know if you need more informations

- yo